Book an Event With B.
Book an Event With B.
If your child is not hydrated it can all be for nothing!
A child's body is 65-75% water! (adults average 60%)
By themselves the brain, lungs, muscles and heart, are each made up of 75-80% water.
Water is the first building block to all cells.
You will even notice if you are only 2% dehydrated.
Think of that, your main bodily organs are mostly water, if you are dehydrated how does that affect your child's ability to
And all the other things the brain, lungs, heart, and muscles (and other organs) are responsible for.
The Immune system begins at the very beginning with the cells.
We MUST give our bodies water.
We have to realize that your child's body is using the water you give it. It is using water to make more cells, tissue, organs, to heal, detox, fight off disease/illness, in our sleep, exercise, to digest our food, for the bowels, and so on.
This is why we have to keep replenishing water.
Not Drinking water is not an option. It's not like you will just get by, bad things start to happen. Including kidney and liver failure ... and thats just the beginning.
Your child's body does not have a reserve of water to pull from when the going gets tough.
Water also provides the proper nutrients, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and good local and bad bacteria exposure to build immunities and fight off illness.
This is not hydration. Even though some of these things are ok to consume the body still has to digest the extra nutrition or toxins. This uses the water already in the body rather than absorbing new water from the beverage.
Water should have no taste. There should be no reason why your child does not like water.
If your water does taste bad there is a toxin in it and we will address that later on.
If they are over stimulating their taste buds with sugary drinks, fizzing etc. Then these need to be cut back (out) and adjustments made.
Never add flavoring packets and other tricks to get your child to drink more water. Not only are these also filled with sugars and toxins but it makes the body have to digest the extra additives instead of using the water where it needs to be
There are ways of infusing FRESH produce into water and drinking some teas are helpful but not a full time answer!
Yes, Celtic Sea Salt NOT table salt.
The second best is Pink Himalayan Salt.
Table salt is really bad for you. It is highly processed. They remove all nutrients from it and add back in synthetic iodine.
Celtic Sea Salt not processed so it is in its whole food form. It is harvested from the sea shores and dried in the sun and wind.
It is still gray and slightly moist showing all the nutrients are still intact.
The high electrolytes will help you absorb water.
Your child can take a pinch of crystals by mouth.
Sprinkle it on all your cooking. Use it as regular salt. Get a grinder if you need it to be a finer texture. It is really hard to over salt with sea salt in cooking!
The first thing to remember is that no matter what is in your water it is still more important to be hydrated than to avoid drinking water.
Unfortunately our town water is filled with toxins that the city is adding to them. The two main toxins are Chlorine and Fluoride. Others are pesticides, birth control, metals, arsenic.
Chlorine is basically bleach. Check out my chemical guide to know why you don't even want bleach in your home let alone ingesting it.
Fluoride in our drinking water has been linked to many different kinds of cancer, lowering our IQ, damaging the thyroid, and contributing to Alzheimer’s. It is banned in other countries but added to water all across North America.
Research, Research, Research your bottled water.
Dasani & Aquafina are the worst. Dasani is actually band in Europe for its toxicity.
BPAs - The other problem with bottled water is that the plastic bottles sit in the sun or heat and the BPA's are released into the water. BPA's cause huge hormone imbalances in all ages.
See below for more about BPAs in the "Water bottle" section
Water filtration systems can be an investment but worth it.
For a whole house system look into reverse osmosis systems.
(Check out below why its important to filter the water your child shower/baths in too!)
We have had the Berkey water system for about 4 years now. (summer 2020)
When my kid's started daycare after a few weeks they where coming home and drinking tons of water and just chugging it! I asked them if they where not able to drink water at daycare and they replied, "It's not water out of the Berkey, so we can't drink it & it doesn't taste good."
My 2, 3, and 4 year old activity know the difference and why! (We of course had a chat about how all water is important all day long, but they still don't drink quite as much as they should when they go.)
I can't live with out it! The water taste so fresh and clean! I can notice a huge difference as well!
Glass is best! It is the least toxic option. (Like zero toxins!)
There are sooo many options out there now for durability with kids and even silicone straws!
I personally LOVE these glass mason jar lids on pint jars. My 1.5 year has had no problems with them. They are not spill proof but I have them keep their cups up on the tables anyway.
Stainless Steal is the next greatest option!
The only thing to be careful with is washing you DO NOT want to scrap the inside of the bottle because then it will leach metals into the water.
We love stainless steel water bottles for spill proof and travel. You can find them at any store but these are the ones are we like from amazon
BPAs are found in plastics.
BPA's cause huge hormone imbalances in all ages including: future infertility in men and women, birth defects, hyperactivity, anxiety, and depression, influences prostate and breast tissue development in ways that increase cancer risk, heart disease, diabetes, blood pressure, asthma, immune function, thyroid and brain function and more.
Even if plastic is BPA free it will still have BPS & BPFs in it and those are just as bad.
Check out my chemical guide in The Library to know more about BPA's effect on the body.
"As scary some of the toxins sound, water is water. We MUST drink it to survive. If bottled water or city water is your only option. It's ok."
~ B. Wild
DISCLAIMER: Products, information, and services found on this website, courses, or purchased from Brigette May or any subsidiary are intended to be used for education purposes only. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease, nor are the views expressed by Brigette May intended to be a substitute for conventional medical services. If you or a family member has a medical problem, or if you suspect that you or a family member has a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provider.
Copyright © 2020 thebwildlife - All Rights Reserved.